Healthcare - Medical Support + Operations
Patchogue, New York
Immediate opening in a Pediatric Office in Suffolk County for an experienced Medical Assistant. Start working immediately for a premier practice with one of the fastest growing medical groups and top notch physicians.
Compensation : $ 18
Job ID : 8429
- Assist the department with coordination of the daily operations of the front desk, and other duties to ensure efficient work flow and patient care.
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for check-in/check-out processes including verifying patient demographics, insurance information, obtaining patient signatures on applicable patient forms, and have the patient complete any paperwork associated with the visit.
- Enter/scan patient data into the EMR.
- Collect any necessary payments and process accordingly.
- Facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, delays or backlogs and communicate with other staff and/or patients as necessary.
- Schedule patient appointments and remind the patients of any necessary documentation that may be required for their appointment.
- Keep office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs and placing orders or advising office manager of items needed.
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document using the electronic medical record, medications, vitals and main reason for visit.
- Perform screening and measuring procedures, which include but are not limited to, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, EKG.
- Obtain previous test results from outside labs
- Prepare rooms after each patient and for specific procedures as needed.
Required Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED.
- Must be proficient in using an EMR and a practice management system.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail. Must have knowledge of insurance companies and their requirements for copays, referral/authorizations.
- Must have basic computer skills, including emailing and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Certified in phlebotomy.
- CPR/AED Certified.