Account Manager - VMS
Work @ Whitecap
New York, New York
The purpose of this role is the overall management of all aspects of the Vendor Management System (VMS) program for an assigned client. This includes supporting the supplier program and its population and its day-to-day operations (implementing and managing the requisition/submittal process and overseeing job placement, day-do-day troubleshooting and problem resolution, managing the on-going relationships and communication, etc.).
A Day in the Life
- Manage the day-to-day VMS operations for their respective portion of program, which include, management of the requisition process for assigned client, prioritization of orders and requisitions, expedient issue resolution, further refining throughout the process with emphasis on responsiveness and customer services for assigned client; depending upon the engagement size, may train or assign work to administrative staff
- Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction, maintaining and building new relationships, expectation management and issue/conflict resolution (services and grows the contractor / subcontractor population, managing client and contractor / subcontractor expectations and troubleshooting and issue resolution, etc.).
- Establishes and develops relationships within assigned clients and expands existing relationships to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, along with both the efficiency and profitability of each contractor/subcontractor placement or conversion
- Understand the contracted terms and conditions between and the client, including pricing as well as client rules of engagement and processes.
- Responsible for ensuring resolution of day-to-day issues that arise among the contractor population, within their respective program. Reports issues to respective supplier or client for resolution and/or escalation to Program Manager as needed.
- Requisition management (creation of job , intake calls, shortlisting, interview scheduling, hiring manager/supplier follow up, onboarding, etc.)
- Non-requisition management (extensions, timesheets, offboarding, etc.)