Accountant - Senior / Supervisor / Manager
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Lean and growing public accounting and advisory firm that is close-knit environment AND a leader in their space, is looking to add a number of quality accounting professionals to their team! This opportunity will have long term growth, and potentially even Partnership!
Compensation : $85000 - $160000
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, entering transactions and reconciling accounts.
- Perform month-end close duties including monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare cash forecasts complete general journal entries and assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Preparation and review of monthly financial statements, bank reconciliation, journal entries and client contact.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts; document and research business transactions.
- Responding to tax authority inquiries, notices and tax related research.
- Monitoring due dates and deadlines to insure compliance on filings.
- Perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates and significant changes, and write narrative reports explaining findings.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, with company policies and procedures and with procedures required by outside third party accountants.
- Execute tax compliance and assist them with tax planning to find areas for write offs/savings
- Act as a business advisory for clients in all facets of accounting and finance
- Prepare financials and make business recommendations to clients based on financial statement analysis
- Advise clients on best practices to reduce their effective tax rate
- Preparation and review of corporate, S-corporation, partnership and fiduciary returns
- Preparation of complex individual tax returns
- Tax projections
- Research and consultation on various tax matters
- Communicate progress of engagements, issues and resolutions to clients through written and verbal correspondence
- Anticipate problem areas of engagement and develop procedures to address relevant issues; keep supervisors informed of important developments and recommend solutions
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Preference for real estate and/or construction, but open on industry
- Experience with accounting AND tax a BIG PLUS
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.