New York, New York
- Perform audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries using our cutting-edge audit tools and technology
- Coordinate the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up including engagement letter preparation, reconciling cash, bank, and other assets as well as vouching expenses and income.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and evaluate internal controls
- Act as client contact; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Supervise, train and mentor audit staff
- Prepare business entity tax returns for various industries
- Develop analytical reports for variances in income and expense reports
- As needed, you may be asked to prepare analytical reports such as credit card analyses and agreed upon procedures reports for our litigation and business valuation group.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting
- CPA or in process
- 2+ years of experience working for a public accounting firm
- Strong understanding of accounting and reporting standards
- Prior experience in researching as it relates to accounting and audit issues
- Prior tax preparation experience a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.