Princeton, New Jersey
SHARE THIS JOB
A fast-growing biotech company is looking to hire an Accounting Director with Revenue and Gross to Net experience.
Compensation : $185000 - $190000
Job ID : 13565
- Design, implement and ensure revenue accounting policies, procedures and reporting conforms with US GAAP.
- Design, implement and perform accurate and timely accounting and analyses of all sales discounts, rebates, chargebacks, returns and allowances included in the calculation of GTN revenue.
- Responsible for analysis of sales reserves on an on-going and formalized month-end and quarter-end basis.
- Verify and analyze sales, rates, wholesaler inventories, returns, in-transit shipments, Medicaid, and other data for accuracy and completeness to ensure appropriate reserves and resolve variances to forecast. Monitor risk and potential impact of changes in assumptions underlying key accounting estimates.
- Manage and collaborate with the 3PL, Trade Operations, and Government Pricing teams to ensure streamlined and accurate revenue and accounts receivable reporting.
- Oversee the accounting for customer accounts receivable and GTN related accrued rebates.
- Lead the monthly and quarterly accounting book close activities including the review of new contracts, complex account reconciliations, journal entries, and analytics.
- Develop and enhance the Company’s system of internal controls, procedures and policies, and document and test key processes and dependencies related to revenue and GTN accounting. Maintain comprehensive documentation in support of accounting positions and conclusions and controls in accordance with SOX.
- Work collaboratively with the Accounting, Financial Planning, Commercial Operations, Sales and Marketing, and Market Access to ensure all programs contemplated in the GTN revenue accounting are accurate and complete.
- Manage relationships and work closely with external consultants and other service providers on special projects as needed.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives on the efficiency and accuracy of internal reporting measures including creation of scorecard/flash, monthly/quarterly revenue analytics reporting, profitability reporting.
- Support financial planning leads in providing actual data related to GTN reserves.
- Support audit requirements by partnering effectively with external auditors, providing support and guidance in preparation of schedules and other analyses and assist in responding to recommendations.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience with at least 4 years in public accounting and 5+ years of management experience.
- Accounting degree, CPA strongly preferred
- Experience in a pharma, or biopharma/biotech company required
- Experience in revenue and GTN accounting.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to identify and drive process improvements to better serve the business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on Corporate goals and initiatives.
- Ability to determine escalation requirements and ensure key issues are put in front of senior management with recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Must be organized, accurate, detail-oriented, analytical and have excellent oral and written communication skills.