Accounting Manager - Advertising/Media Company
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Manage the monthly book close process for the corporate headquarters set of books in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages
- Manage a team of four accountants in their daily functions
- Conduct research and provide relevant support for new accounting items.
- Ensure proper documentation and ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Perform analysis on actual vs. budget for Corporate departments.
- Consolidate Worldwide holding companies and ensure proper and timely submission of results
- Ensure proper recording of all hedge transactions, mainly FX, on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Serve as liaison for the FP&A team for deliverables and business analysis required for consolidated reporting needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum 5-7+ years of corporate accounting experience in large company
- Foundation in public accounting audit, Big 4 preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a team
- Strong communication (verbal & written), analytic and technical research skills
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple task/projects
- Experience working in a fast pace environment and tight deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger, financial reporting, and corporate procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Works well in a team environment
- Solid user of MS Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Knowledge of Hyperion, SAP a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.