Accounting Policy Associate
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A prestigious asset management firm is looking to add a 5-7+ year Accounting Policy subject matter expert to their accounting team in NYC.
Compensation : $125000 - $150000
- Will closely follow latest trends in the accounting field and adapt them for application within the Company.
- Research accounting guidance on specific transactions implementing new accounting standards; commenting on proposed accounting standards; and documenting the Company’s accounting policies and considerations
- Report directly to the Head of Accounting Policy
- Work alongside SEC Reporting and other accounting teams
- Reading drafts of transaction documents, summarizing key terms, identifying accounting issues, researching relevant accounting pronouncements and preparing a roadmap that documents the Company’s preliminary accounting conclusions.
- Assist with presenting preliminary accounting conclusions to external auditors and their subject matter experts
- Formally documenting the Company’s accounting conclusions and policies in a memorandum.
- Research and document technical accounting issues under applicable accounting standards
- Participant in the development of the firm’s accounting policies
- Responsible for monitoring and interpreting various emerging technical accounting issues under U.S. GAAP
- Assist with the implementation of new and existing disclosures in SEC filings
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the Company’s accounting policy manual
- Prepare and deliver training related to the firm’s accounting policies and emerging accounting standards
- Coordinate departmental activities and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 5-7+ years of experience with a focus on accounting policy and technical accounting
- Strong project management skills
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.