Accounting Policy VP
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Top Tier Tech-Savvy Hedge Fund seeks an experienced and diligent technical accounting professional to join its Accounting Policy group. This team is responsible for the research, analysis, implementation, and monitoring of the firm s accounting policies in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards, and local GAAP in other jurisdictions. Accounting policy professionals are the firm s go-to resources for new and complex accounting and regulatory matters. The role offers the opportunity to join a collegial, dynamic, and inclusive working environment as part of a highly skilled team.
Compensation : $150000 - $200000
Job ID : 13753
- Stay up to ate on all evelopments taking place at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and other relevant accounting bodies around the world, with a view to providing accounting guidance at the firm. You’ll raft and monitor the technical accounting footnotes and support schedules all the firm’s fund vehicles and management mpany ntities.
- Maintain a atabase of all the firm’s ntities to perform ongoing nsolidation analyses in accordance with FASB ASC 810.
- Cnsult with the Pricing group on accounting requirements nsistent with FASB ASC 820 that are inherent to the valuation of certain investments.
- The aforementioned uties will be integrated with preparing and reviewing various accounting policy memorandums, and culminate with you updating and maintaining the firm’s Accounting Policy Manual, replying to aily queries on technical accounting matters that me through our Accounting Query Resolution System, and performing firmwide training on both basic and mplex accounting principles.
- developers to improve and re-ngineer processes the firm’s financial reporting platforms.
- Have the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm’s financial activities and learn about mplex fund structures and transactions, and interact substantially with our xternal auditors and other internal epartments, including Financial Reporting, Management mpany Accounting, Pricing, Investor Relations, Tax, Treasury, Legal & mpliance, and software evelopment groups.
- 5-10 years technical accounting experience
- Ideally out of an Accounting Policy group in house within Financial Services, or out of Big 4 Technical Accounting Advisory group
- Will entertain HIGHLY TECHNICAL Big 4 Audit professionals with Financial Services clients