Accounts Payable Specialist / Staff Accountant - Family Office
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Review and verify invoices and check requests for accuracy and approvals.
- Set up invoices for payment.
- Prepare and process wire transfers and check payments.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Monitor account to ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Navigate multiple entities and ensure correct expenditure allocation.
- Maintain orderly, standardized and complete electronic filing systems (including scanning and filing payment / bank transactions).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 5+ years experience in accounts payable.
- Prior family office experience desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (GP)
- Experience with Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks and handle highly confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.