Admin + Office Support
Woodbury, New York
Assist the Firm Administrator and Firm Administrative Assistants with the following on a daily basis:
- General phone administrative: answering phones, client inquiries, screen and forward calls, record messages, etc.
- Heavy client contact via phone and email.
- Make and confirm appointments.
- Address concerns and requests without disturbing Partners (includes paperwork requests, PDF files, copies, etc.) to help clients.
- Filing, faxing, scanning, copying, etc. Inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Work within our DMS (document management system) scanning, saving and categorizing documents electronically.
- Work within our Client Vault (a secure document portal).
- Requires technically savvy person to assist clients via the phone and online with setting up accounts, downloading and saving documents, uploading documents, etc.
- Provide customer service, troubleshoot and follow-up care for clients.
- E-filing: receive, record and categorize forms. Monitor status of same via tax software portal.
- Housekeeping and maintenance: deal with vendors with regard to interior and exterior issues and building systems. Coordinate repairs as needed.
- Mail, Shipping & Receiving: maintenance of postage meter and scale including funds, knowledge of procedures, rates, etc. Process daily mail including preparing labels, packaging and applying correct postage for both USPS and UPS vendors.
- Special projects as assigned including travel and dinner arrangements, orders, et
Applicants must have prior administrative experience within a fast paced environment. Accounting background a plus. Experience required with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Internet experience and basic technical knowledge are expected. Experience in an Accounting or Financial setting a bonus but not required.
- Must be a fast-learning and quick-thinking, accurate, organized individual. Willing to learn software and procedures of busy accounting firm and also possess the ability to be a self-starter and able to exercise independent initiative to perform job duties.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively and ability to work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- We seek a reliable, mature and honest individual with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to work alongside our team.