Assistant CFO/Controller - Education
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Responsible for directing and managing the school’s daily accounting and finance operations.
- Provide monthly financial reporting.
- Monthly review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries
- Distribution of monthly general ledger information to budget managers, and preparation of monthly financial reports for management and
- Quarterly reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure proper classification and accounting for gifts and monthly reconciliation of accounting records with Development Office gift receipts.
- Hire, train, and provide day-to-day oversight of the accounting and finance departments.
- Ensure all federal, state, and local tax requirements are met, including preparation of 990 filings and 5500 filings.
- Oversight of surveys, compliance reports, and other requests for financial data
- Assist with the preparation of the annual and long-term budgets and preparation of variance reports and year-end projections.
- Prepare annual audit schedules, supporting analysis, and audit reports.
- Oversee and coordinate annual audits.
- Monitor daily cash balances, calculate and initiate the annual endowment draw, periodically prepare cash flow projections, and ensure the proper reconciliation of cash accounts.
- Work with investment advisors on investment related activities and reporting.
- 13-15+ years of accounting experience with at least 7+ years in the non-profit and/or education space
- Specific knowledge of fund, endowment, and investment accounting is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Proven analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud NXT, Paymerang and Ceridian Dayforce software preferred.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.