Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A global alternative investments firm is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to focus on their publicly traded business development company entity.
Compensation : $200000 - $215000
Job ID : 16781
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual reports and manage the internal and external review of these reports.
- Prepare and review quarterly earnings release as well as investor presentation.
- Evaluation of quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics.
- Work on the monthly and quarterly close of the books and records, including review of trade and re-organization activity.
- Analyze and account for income from debt securities portfolio and other investments including CLO equity, joint ventures, and derivatives.
- Assist with portfolio monitoring as well as the review of quarterly valuation models.
- Coordinate with external auditors during the year-end audit and during quarterly reviews.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
- Liaise with internal and external tax teams.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting, expense management, and financial analysis.
- Assist with the review of public regulatory filings.
- Monitor asset and liability needs.
- Focus on systems development to ensure efficient accounting and financial reporting, building a platform for a Public Entity and future additional entities.
- Stay up to date on current and pending changes to accounting guidance and financial reporting requirements.
- Own the overall technical accounting application to transactions and structured deals.
- Prepare / review month-end NAV from fund administrator.
- Prepare monthly P&L analytics.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing pricing and valuation materials.
- Maintain fund expense budgets and allocations; track expenses and coordinate updates with fund administrator.
- Experience with reporting and technical accounting for credit products and funds
- Experience working with public companies.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA is preferred.
- 5-8+ years of Big 4 or relevant work experience in Fund Accounting.
- Microsoft Excel and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of portfolio accounting system (VPM, WSO, Geneva, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Development Companies
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.