Assistant Controller - BDC
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A global alternative investments firm is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to focus on their publicly traded business development company entity.
Compensation : $200000 - $215000
Job ID : 16781
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual reports and manage the internal and external review of these reports.
- Prepare and review quarterly earnings release as well as investor presentation.
- Evaluation of quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics.
- Work on the monthly and quarterly close of the books and records, including review of trade and re-organization activity.
- Analyze and account for income from debt securities portfolio and other investments including CLO equity, joint ventures, and derivatives.
- Assist with portfolio monitoring as well as the review of quarterly valuation models.
- Coordinate with external auditors during the year-end audit and during quarterly reviews.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
- Liaise with internal and external tax teams.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting, expense management, and financial analysis.
- Assist with the review of public regulatory filings.
- Monitor asset and liability needs.
- Focus on systems development to ensure efficient accounting and financial reporting, building a platform for a Public Entity and future additional entities.
- Stay up to date on current and pending changes to accounting guidance and financial reporting requirements.
- Own the overall technical accounting application to transactions and structured deals.
- Prepare / review month-end NAV from fund administrator.
- Prepare monthly P&L analytics.
- Provide fund performance analysis and assist with business modeling.
- Assist in the setup and launch of new Funds and financial products.
- Liaise with the deal team on new and existing investments for valuation and financial reporting.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing pricing and valuation materials.
- Maintain fund expense budgets and allocations; track expenses and coordinate updates with fund administrator.
- Experience with reporting and technical accounting for credit products and funds
- Experience working with public companies.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA is preferred.
- 5-8+ years of Big 4 or relevant work experience in Fund Accounting.
- Microsoft Excel and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of portfolio accounting system (VPM, WSO, Geneva, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Development Companies