Assistant Controller- US
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Lead a team of 3-4 managers and 8 Accountants and Specialists.
- Develop an effective relationship with the Global Controller, Chief Financial Officer and other Firm Leaders.
- Develop an effective “business partner” relationship with the Global Accounting and Compliance Manager and Finance Managers in Europe and Asia.
- Mentor a highly capable accounting team through the ongoing attraction, development and retention of skilled financial professionals. Review department staff capabilities and recommend improvements and development plans.
- Review bank account reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations.
- Oversee timely and effective U.S. employee payroll payment process, including: Workday Payroll, finance and banking systems integration, wire transfers and check generation
- Develop effective working relationship with outside service provider utilized for accounts payable processing, including issue remediation.
- Oversee timely and effective vendor and expense payment processing through Chrome River.
- Release wire and ACH transfers and check printing to ensure timely and accurate execution of payments. Ensure bank account paperwork, including authorized signers, is current.
- BS in Accounting.
- CPA is required.
- 6+ years of experience in either Public Accounting or a combination of Public Accounting and the Private Sector (Law Firm or Professional Services experience is a plus).
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Detail oriented.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.