Accounting + Finance
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
SHARE THIS JOB
A prominent credit fund in Connecticut is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to join its public REIT accounting team.
Compensation : $145000 - $165000
Job ID : 16958
- Work closely with the Finance team and CFO to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results of a publicly traded REIT
- Own key work streams including accounting for commercial real estate loans and credit facilities including preparation of key spreadsheets driving interest income and interest expense calculations and respective journal entries.
- Play a key role in ensuring the integrity of the general ledger system and the proper recording of REIT activity in the GL working in close coordination with the various business functions
- Assist with the monthly and Quarterly closes of books and records
- Implement efficient, accurate and scalable processes to ensure timely and accurate journal entries, analytics, and financial results
- Assist in the execution of internal controls over financial reporting. Work closely with auditors on financial statement audit requests
- Assist with budgeting and the preparation of cash flow forecasts including managing daily liquidity
- Liaise with other finance and investment professionals to ensure timely processing of requests and payments
- Accounting degree required
- 5-10 years of operational accounting and/or public accounting experience with REIT or Hedge fund industry experience
- CPA is a plus
- public company experience is a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.