Assistant Treasurer (Credit)
New York, New York
The incumbent will drive the end-to-end accuracy and completeness of the treasury function across all the firm's credit strategies. This will entail working with the front office for funding transactions, operations team for booking and ensuring adequate liquidity and reporting is maintained on a daily basis. This individual will be responsible for treasury policies, board reporting, and management of borrowing base and overall liquidity management. The incumbent will need to work with and coordinate w/ 3rd party custodians, financial institutions, and counterparties to ensure sufficient controls, accounts, custody, and reporting is established to ensure a best in class treasury function.
- Working with the credit funds and credit products
- Experience managing third party financial institutions
- Familiar with and experience management borrowing base calculations
- Short Term Liquidity Management
- Treasury Experience for a Credit Fund Complex
- Overall Treasury Policy Ownership
- Work with front office to optimize the portfolio from a liquidity management perspective
- Transferring assets and working with desk and fund admin on correct details and cost basis
- Review pockets of liquidity and upcoming events to recommend best optimization for the portfolio
- Coordinate all trade funding’s and secondary trade settlements
- Prepare weekly reporting and conduct ad-hoc analysis around fund liquidity, leverage & investment capacity
- Work with third party admin daily to resolve breaks, book trades, and answer any questions related to the investment portfolio for insurance company and other entities as necessary.
- Ad-Hoc treasury related projects
- Assist in onboarding new trust accounts or funds to the Insurance company and other entities across the BCP Credit platform, entire end to end process.
- Assist in all reporting requests from the Desk
- Manage state depositories for insurance company
- Insurance & Asset management, compliance risk review
- Own all treasury related policies and procedures across the BCP Credit platform
- Produce monthly and quarterly treasury packages for review by Board of Directors, internal committees, and the fund administrator.
- Create executive level reporting highlighting significant changes/events, key data points and conclusions
- Support the Finance and Accounting team on internal ad-hoc projects
- Ability to work directly with deal team and upper-level management on quarterly deliverables.
- Coordinate with external auditors during the year-end audit and during quarterly reviews.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
- Provide evidence of internal control environment to external auditors on an annual basis.
- Assist with the review of miscellaneous public regulatory filings
- Support the CFO to streamline and improve our overall process as part of the larger BCP Credit Platform.
- Generate and distribute ad hoc reporting to relevant parties such as senior management, deal teams, and investors
- BS degree in Finance or related degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years of related treasury experience preferably out of a hedge fund with a particular focus in credit
- Prior experience w/ borrowing base and managing credit facilities preferred but not required