Associate - Compensation Accounting
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Global Alternative Asset Manager looking to add to their Compensation Accounting Group, this role will be involved in streamlining processes, implementing various automation tools, and partnering with SEC Reporting on various equity accounting issues.
Compensation : $100000 - $120000
Job ID : 15082
- Prepare and post journal entries with an understanding of the financial accounting and business purpose of the journal entries, while maintaining strict confidentiality of data
- Manage the process to allocate compensation expense to regulated entities
- Assist with year-end audit, as well as regulated entity and tax audits, as needed
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Partner with CFO Teams to provide value-added analysis on monthly drivers of Compensation Expense
- Prepare US GAAP and SEC compliant accounting, financial reporting and disclosures for share-based compensation plans.
- Preparing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring effective internal controls, include SOX controls, over reporting for equity compensation. Also, supporting both internal and external audits of related areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar; CPA is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups and pivot tables
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and investigative skills needed to resolve issues
- Strong time management and work organization skills
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.