Associate Director, Internal Audit
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A Global Alternative Asset Management Firm is expanding their Risk & Controls Department. This role will oversee a team that is going to be responsible for working alongside the Audit Department to implement Risk & Controls.
Compensation : $150000 - $160000
Job ID : 12581
- Directly maintain a dynamic audit universe, providing updates to the risk assessment by identifying new activities and significant changes to the business areas.
- Lead and perform formal audits identified by Internal Audit management across the full spectrum of the audit cycle of planning, fieldwork and reporting. This includes:
- Identification and evaluation of key processes, risks and controls
- Preparation of programs and other procedures to test controls
- Preparation and communication of action plans to resolve any control deficiencies.
- Preparation of key audit documents (e.g., audit announcement memos, planning documents, audit reports) for management review
- Establish and continually build relationships with Business Management at all levels and be able to communicate effectively with business process owners.
- Collaborate with others in Internal Audit and across the firm on risk and control related initiatives
- Keep abreast of industry and product specific developments and raise any risk and control related topics of interest to Internal Audit Management.
- The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of internal audit experience and have demonstrated a thorough understanding of complex financial services products and services
- Ability to lead and execute successfully with minimal supervision
- CIA certification is a plus but not required
- Familiar with the legal and compliance frameworks of Registered Investment Advisors operating as Fund/Asset Managers subject to Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations
- Proactive in completing projects, risk assessments, and action plans