New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
The Firm seeks a Senior Staff Accountant to perform external audit functions. The position will be based in the New York, and would require flexibility to travel to Long Island. The candidate will work alongside managers and partners, and will provide supervision to less experienced staff. The candidate will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
Compensation : $80000 - $95000
Job ID : 5905
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers, and review the workpapers of less experienced staff.
- Prepare client financial statements, and review statements prepared by less experienced staff.
- Assist in the planning of engagements, and in certain cases manage the planning process.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 3+years of audit experience in a public accounting setting required; experience with ; non-profit and employee benefits experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting or equivalent academic credentials to qualify for CPA license
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Experience with Prosystem Engagement and Prosystem Tax a plus.
- CPA strongly preferred