AVP / Loan Servicing & Settlements
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Top-tier Credit Alternative Manager is looking to fill a newly created role that will support both Loan Settlement & Loan Servicing within it's growing Alt's Op's team. This is an amazing opportunity for someone interested in joining a fund with a great culture focused on organic growth.
Compensation : $130000 - $165000
Job ID : 20347
- Support Direct Lending middle office operations and PMs with trade settlement oversight and life cycle management.
- Oversee vendor counterparts responsible for Primary and Secondary loan settlements for the Illiquid Credit strategy.
- Review settlement documentation for contract detail accuracy to align internal and vendor servicing systems.
- Coordinate, process, and reconcile the processing of all daily servicing events, including amendments and restructures.
- Manage loan subscription process in WSO.
- Direct third-party fund administrators and custodian banks on appropriate processing and review/reconcile processing output for accuracy.
- Daily review of credit events affecting settlement and servicing functions with third-party administrators and custodian banks.
- Act as 1st point of escalation for high-risk breaks and identify areas for issue prevention.
- Review daily recons between internal systems and third parties to resolve discrepancies such as including loan related fee bookings and MLR discrepancies.
- Coordinate loan servicing and settlement related audit requests.
- Prepare KPIs on a periodic cycle and participate in ad hoc projects.
- Maintain high standard of quality controls, and work with internal and external stakeholders to enhance settlement and asset servicing workflows.
- Communicate with Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Investment Operations for resolving settlement and servicing discrepancies.
- Liaise with accounting teams, offshore partners, operations and trustees for all portfolio-specific activity and issues, ensuring cross-communication of critical information between firm departments.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in high quality, global capital markets or investment management firms with expertise in Investment Operations and Asset Servicing related functions.
- BS degree in Finance or related degree from an accredited university; MBA or Advanced degree ++ but not required
- Prior experience with an alternative asset manager preferred broader asset management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of bank loans primarily with the willingness to cross train and learn various asset classes, primarily focused on credit/fixed income, derivatives, and FX.
- Must have experience with loan closing process in ClearPar and loan servicing process in Wall Street Office. Also, preferred experience with Black Mountain (Allvue), Everest, Geneva, and/or IVP data management platforms.
- Settlement experience of private/middle market loans preferred, but not required.
- Experienced with a diverse set of investment vehicles such as Institutional Separate Accounts, SMA/Limited Partnerships, Open-End Mutual Funds, Closed-End Funds and UCITs, CLOs, and complex fund structures.
- Hedge fund, Credit or Private Equity experience is a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.