Capital Markets Internal Auditor, VP
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Fast Growing, global investment bank is looking for a Capital Markets Internal Auditor, VP to join their team!
Compensation : $135000 - $160000
- Under the direction of the Director, execute a robust audit program including leading the timely execution of audit planning, fieldwork, reporting and other administrative and management tasks pertaining to investment banking and capital markets.
- Direct experience auditing one or more of the areas below highly preferred (but not required): banking, capital markets, or underwriting (including equity capital markets, debt capital markets, leveraged lending, securitization, mergers and acquisitions advisory and syndication)
- Knowledge of financial services operations, finance, liquidity, compliance, conduct, financial crime, technology, credit risk, market risk, regulatory reporting, know your customer (KYC) and client onboarding are also beneficial.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of Internal Audit Department America’s (IADA’s) annual risk assessment, audit plan and schedule, continuous monitoring and preparation and/or presentation of related MIS reports
- Manage and review the activities and/or deliverables associated with issue testing including reviewing the approach, testing and reports for issues (e.g. regulatory, third-party and internal audit) related to investment banking and capital markets.
- In accordance with the IADA policy and procedures, drive efficiency and operational excellence through the use of available tools and resources and sharing of best practices.
- Identify and implement efficiencies and automation using data analytics.
- Collaborate both formally and informally with other corporate risk and control functions to ensure activities are coordinated.
- Work with IADA Director/MD and investment banking and capital markets management to identify control issues and emerging risks and ensure timely and effective remediation.
- Communicate, as needed, with Internal Audit Department (IAD) Head Office, other IAD overseas offices, IADA management and staff and other areas/functions/personnel.
- Represent IADA, as directed, on committees and/or special project teams as necessary.
- As applicable, engage with supervisory authorities, external auditors and other service providers in the conduct of their activities
- Manage or perform other assignments or special projects as may be directed by the Director or Managing Director.
- Evaluate and provide timely feedback to team members regarding performance, provide hands-on coaching, and manage their continuing professional development.
- Assist with the development of training material related to investment banking and capital markets audit topics.
- Manage staff resources to optimize productivity, meet training and development needs, and deliver high quality, value added assurance and advisory services.
- Coordinate with or assist other IADA Audit Groups, as needed.
- Assist the Director with maintaining an Off-Site Monitoring Program for the Group’s portfolio of audits.
- Cooperate with directives and requests from IADA’s Quality Assurance team, and promote the ongoing effectiveness of IADA’s Quality Assurance function.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business, accounting, finance, economics, computer science or management information systems. May also hold an advanced or specialized degree and/or a professional certification (e.g., MBA, CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CFE) or license relevant to the profession.
Demonstrates a sound understanding of the financial services industry, including audit, financial, investment banking and capital markets, risk management, or technology functions. Possesses at least 5-8 years of relevant work experience, including in internal auditing or external auditing, risk management, supervisory examinations, or their equivalent.
Demonstrates a sound understanding of internal audit principles, practices and techniques, the concepts of risk, risk management, internal control and compliance, and the ability to effectively and consistently apply such understanding to assignments.
Demonstrates the ability to effectively direct, guide, and supervise subordinate staff in the planning and execution of all phases of internal audits, issue testing and special projects, in a manner consistent with recognized professional standards and with applicable Mizuho/IAD/IADA policies and procedures.
Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong relationship building skills with ability to work well within a team-oriented environment.
Demonstrates the ability to effectively evaluate the performance of the staff assigned to the group and manage their ongoing professional development.
Demonstrates the capacity for effective project and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, design and direct multiple tasks/projects and to anticipate and meet required deadlines.
Demonstrates ability to support IADA leadership with interacting with supervisory authorities, audit committees, and senior audit leadership including metrics reporting to such parties.
Demonstrates ability to effectively support the team’s Director and Managing Director, with respect to the administrative management of IAD.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.