Consultant - Strategic Finance and Accounting Consulting - Insurance
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Ongoing review of recurring accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity (e.g. revenue, compensation, and goodwill impairment) including documentation of position papers
- Project Management support for corporate initiatives at the segment or regional level
- Develop and present training material to segment and regional finance (e.g. revenue, leases, etc.)
- Review of recent accounting pronouncements and development of key technical accounting policies
- Draft technical accounting position papers for new and significant accounting transactions (e.g. purchase accounting, including contingent consideration)
- Assist with research over potential transactions including financing transactions such (i.e. debt or equity) and impairment analyses for goodwill, intangibles, and long-lived asset groups and acquisition agreements to identify accounting risks.
- Advise segment finance teams on the appropriate revenue recognition for large or complex contracts with customers
- Review the segment finance team's documentation of estimates and judgments in revenue recognition
- Monitor the segment finance team's compliance with ongoing SOX requirements (revenue and compensation)
- Review quarterly quantitative and qualitative revenue recognition disclosures
2 - 5 years of total finance and accounting experience including time spent with "Big 4" public accounting/audit.
- Insurance industry experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited university in the United States
Active CPA license required
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.