Financial Controller - Beauty Industry
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Manage all financial accounting and reporting functions for the company.
- Generating accurate and timely monthly financial statements, prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of operating results and variance explanations.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee, develop and grow small accounting staff (e.g. AR/AP/Bookkeeper).
- Maintain the accounting database.
- Preparation for annual audits going forward.
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, and all other balance sheet schedules.
- Assist the CEO in preparing the annual corporate budgets, monitor compliance and provide YTD updates.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Oversee inventory with operations team
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller within the beauty industry
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.