Brooklyn, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A fast-growing industry leading E-commerce company in the NYC area is seeking a Corporate Controller.
Compensation : $200000 - $225000
Job ID : 12399
- Serve as a strong, positive leader, coach and advisor willing to roll up his/her sleeves to work alongside the team and share process and technical expertise to continually evolve the organization’s capabilities.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating many key areas including External and Management Reporting and Compliance, Consolidations and the Monthly Close, Accounting Policies and Special Projects, Treasury, Select Financial Operations and U.S. Legal Entity Accounting.
- Lead the Company’s monthly financial close process, including preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis.
- Oversee consolidations and U.S. legal entity accounting, partnering closely with FP&A and internal accounting controllers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all SEC, GAAP, and FASB standards and/or regulatory rules, including implementation of any changes.
- Coordinate and prepare SEC Reporting related to 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and other filings as required.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements, including reporting requirements related to credit agreement.
- Keep abreast of accounting developments, and research and provide recommendations related to complex accounting issues, including M&A and purchase accounting. Lead implementation of new standards.
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies to ensure practices and financial reporting are continuously improving, and to meet current and future requirements
- Evaluate, design and implement strong processes and internal controls to ensure that all transactions are valid and correctly accounted for, that all accounts and financial / management reports are complete, accurate, timely etc., and that efficiency and effectiveness are maximized.
- Create workflow automation.
- Collaborate closely with internal audit, information technology, tax, treasury, legal and other functions to ensure proper internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure
- Coordinate activities of external auditors, including annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Present and communicate to all levels of management and provide information vital to the decision-making process.
- Instill a performance culture resulting in meaningful process changes or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness, as well as meeting the needs of a high growth business.
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff.
- CPA is a must; MBA is a plus.
- Experience in public companies facing rapid growth while maintaining the highest standards in accounting practices.
- Experience and demonstrated history of driving and delivering performance improvement.
- Deep and broad knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of the mergers and acquisitions process, including valuation, due diligence, and post-merger integration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience preparing public filings and preparing materials for earnings releases and board meetings.
- Personal presence, excellent interpersonal skills and the cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse, international team; effective and experienced in communication at Executive leadership levels
- Strong understanding of cost, inventory, and supply chain
- Experience using and managing ERP systems