Accounting + Finance
Commack, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A fast growing, privately owned (not PE backed) construction company is looking for a Controller to report directly into the CFO. Revenue has increased 50% year over year for the last 3 years!
Compensation : $150000 - $160000
Job ID : 13536
- Manage month end closing process including all adjusting journal entries, financial statement preparation, financial deck, account reconciliations, analytical review, and reporting
- Support the CFO with other financial projects as needed; budgeting, reporting, analysis, risk management, ERP processes, polices, internal controls
- Lead company in efficient and timely completion of annual audit
- Assist with the preparation of income tax returns, quarterly estimates, and nexus reviews
- Implement cost accounting strategies to improve labor and material cost issues
- Setup AIA Billing
- Streamline processes and create efficiencies within the accounting/reporting function
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing financial and operational policies and procedures
- BS in Accounting
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive financial management experience
- Prior public accounting experience preferred