New York, New York
Seeking an experienced financial executive for the role of Controller. As a highly skilled accounting and FP&A professional you will be responsible for managing the day to day accounting processes including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Month-end reporting, Audit and Reconciliations. You will also be accountable for the Treasury functions including Rolling Cash Flow forecasting and the Annual Budgeting process, Monthly P&L Rolling Forecast and Business Analysis.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Assist in the efforts to meet and exceed budgeting goals by preparing, analyzing and reporting monthly and year-to-date results. Help develop and support strategic and tactical business and operational objectives.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- Top notch Excel spread sheet skills and the ability to design complicated spread sheets for budgeting, forecasting, cash flow reporting and other ad hoc analytical projects.
- Ability to get quickly up to speed on Financial Systems to ensure the integrity of financial information.
- 12-15+ years proven accounting experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- 5+ years as a senior-level accounting and/or finance professional with managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- CPA desirable but not necessary
- COGS and Inventory knowledge
- Fashion/Apparel, Retail, Luxury Goods, Manufacturing, or related industry experience strongly preferred