New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A fast-growing financial services firm based in downtown Manhattan is looking for a 2-4+ year corporate accountant to join their team.
Compensation : $85000 - $95000
- Record and analyze worldwide operating expenses, working with various groups across the organization.
- Manage expense allocations and provide analysis to Management.
- Perform daily and month end responsibilities associated with both regulated and non-regulated entities.
- Perform month-end closing procedures consisting of financial statement preparation, cash reconciliations, recording income/expense accruals, recording inter-company transactions, and preparing capital allocation schedules.
- Assist in preparing monthly consolidated financial statements including consolidation of various overseas funds.
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Perform accounting research on an as needed basis and provide recommendations for proper treatment of specific transactions.
- Work with the tax department to provide information and collaborate in connection with various intercompany relationships and tax filings.
- Work alongside the Treasury group in a cash management and forecasting capacity.
- Assist in the creation and design of automated reports.
- Test and utilize automated tools for reconciliation and profit reports.
- Work with relational databases and set up reports using simple SQL queries.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Understanding of US GAAP
- 2 - 4+ years of experience
- Strong Excel skills, VBA/SQL experience is a plus
- Partnership or investment accounting experience is preferred
- Big 4 or large national firm experience a plus
- CPA License preferred
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.