Credit Risk/Operations Director (Remote)
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client is a mid-stage Fin-Tech platform that is looking to hire a SME in credit policy and procedures as it pertains to loan underwriting. This fully remote opportunity will report directly to the CFO and help implement best practices around exception handling since they leverage AI for the bulk of their underwriting. This is an amazing opportunity for someone interested in helping a fin-tech platform expand nationwide.
Compensation : $170000 - $200000
Job ID : 12769
- Construct and maintain annual portfolio credit assessment & monitoring processes, as well as maintain underwriting & credit policy
- Document processes and create a plan with engineering support to automate processes and formalize human decision making
- Continuously assesses strategies, structure, processes, and procedures to ensure our business model is scalable
- Identify risk factors and trends and further report these identifiers
- Partner with the business intelligence team to define and manage core metrics, as well as optimize existing strategies
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements to mitigate risks
- 8+ years minimum of credit underwriting and/or operational risk experience
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take on new responsibilities quickly
- Proven experience leveraging technology systems to drive automation, operational efficiency; a fluency with complex technology systems (off the shelf and proprietarily built)
- Proven experience in risk management, identification, governance, communication, mitigation etc.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and analytical with strong communication skills
- Experience using quantitative and analytic methods to improve operational performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions and processes in business terms
- Experience managing and growing a credit operations team
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.