Our Client's Research & Data Services group manages the firm’s data strategy, data systems and research/evaluation processes. They work with a number of data sources and variety of software tools. The team works together to identify data sources, scrub, clean, validate, and develop data processors on a daily basis servicing the needs of their world-class portfolio managers & teams. This team is critical to the alpha of the firm and holds great respect firmwide due to its importance in helping the Firm's PM identify & capture alpha.
On a daily basis you will:
- Research & manage data/research vendor relationships
- Negotiate contracts for all data assets
- Source, analyze & procure new datasets & sources for the Fund's global trading strategies
- PRovide PMs, Researchers & other key stakeholders and business groups assessments on datasets including pros/cons & competitive/comparative analysis
- Work directly with Legal & Compliance ensuring all data sources are used in accordance with the firm’s mission and values
- Work with the Global Data Team to continuously enhance & improve the Fund's/Firm's library
Job Requirements :
- ~3 years experience in investment research (fund/bank or research/data provider) preferred.
- Preferably financial service industry background
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (with strong academic record)
- Experience in contract negotiations including pricing important
- Excellent communication skills (oral & writing)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaboratively multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills