Deal Allocations Associate
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
One of the largest alternative credit funds in the world is looking to fill a newly created role within it's Middle Office team that will be focused on deal funding and allocations. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a multi-faceted role that will interface with many teams across the firm.
Compensation : $100000 - $140000
Job ID : 14809
- Produce and monitor total liquidity analysis of the platform at each Fund to review with the Portfolio Managers as new investment opportunities arise and others are realized.
- Produce and monitor the short-term liquidity management at each Fund to review on a weekly basis and determine the appropriate action; return of capital, capital call, and/or borrow/repayment of outstanding debt where applicable.
- If a capital call is to be issued, assist in obtaining and/or preparing the necessary Investment Summaries as part of any required notice within such capital call and coordinate with Fund Accounting to process the capital call with the fund administrator or directly with the investor in the case of a separately managed account.
- If a borrowing under a credit facility is to occur, coordinate with Fund Finance to gather the necessary information required by leverage providers (either subscription facility or an asset facility).
- Work with the Portfolio Manager on the allocation of new investments across participating Investors and ensure allocations been approved by our General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer.
- Coordinate with the Legal and Compliance teams on maintaining an up to date matrix of each Fund’s Investment Guidelines & Restrictions. This includes monitoring the VCOC compliance of ERISA funds and completing their annual valuation.
- Coordinate with the Investment, Tax and Legal teams to determine the appropriate structure for the investment. Upon confirmation of appropriate structuring, coordinate with Legal and Tax to ensure establishment of the proper legal funding entities for the specific structure/partnership, possible co-investor vehicles.
- Coordinate with the Investment and Treasury teams, as well as Separately Managed Accounts, the documentation, closing and funding of new investments.
- Assist the Business and Development team with investment allocation and fund/SMA impact analysis
- Collaborate with various teams across the firm with the reconciliation and maintenance of investment data across all reporting systems.
- Help coordinate between the investment team, treasury, back office and SMAs with regards to upcoming amendments, borrowing requests on outstanding commitments, and cash flow activity.
- Coordinate preliminary and final private ratings that are required for certain accounts. Coordination will include organizing meetings/calls between the firm and Rating Agency.
- Coordinate all AML/KYC on the Borrower including internal coordination with Legal and Compliance as well as external coordination with the Sub-Admin/Admin Agent to be used for the deal and ensure that they have all necessary AML/KYC documents on the Borrower.
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- 2 – 6 years of experience in financial services industry
- Strong understanding of bank loans; including closings, loan contracts, and LSTA documents
- Proficient in excel and outlook (vlookup & pivot required, macro preferred)