New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Global Asset Management Firm that is looking to grow out their Broker-Dealer Arm. This is a newly created role reporting up to the Global CFO and will be responsible for the Deal Flow of the Broker-Dealer and partnering closely with the business to drive the Broker-Dealer Arm.
Compensation : $200000 - $250000
- Actively manage and oversee deal pipeline, structures, split of fees across regular underwriting, OID and other, as well as manage potential longer term warehouse, including working with the business to ensure appropriate awareness and approvals are in place to execute; expectation to regularly update key senior leaders
- Partner with Strategic Finance team on production of P&L and tracking of actuals, budgets, forecasts & profitability analysis for new business ventures; includes allocation to the business (Credit, PE, etc.) and as business grows expense allocation
- Cross-functional coordination with Compliance, Tax and Legal (and other areas) on fee structures and the interplay with OID and other fees/structures
- Partner with Risk to track syndications and key risks of the positions
- Work with Corporate Controllers to report and record all monthly and quarterly corporate reporting (carried interest income, GP direct interest)
- Review valuation memos and report to the Senior Controller any issues and assist in remediation
- Support for the development of DealCloud as a key tool.
- 10-15 years of experience in investment management
- The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of experience working in a dynamic broker dealer environment, with close relationships to the business (including a principal/asset management business in addition to pure broker dealer activities) in a wide variety of asset classes, full syndications with no Apollo fund capital
- Strong U.S. GAAP technical accounting expertise
- A collaborative working style to effectively liaise with investment partners and colleagues as well as work independently
- Public/Private accounting experience preferred (Big 4 preferred) and CPA is required
- Series 27 license required
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.