Director - Global Accounting Operations
Accounting + Finance
Brooklyn, New York
- Support the organization’s financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing staff.
- Develop accounting organizational and operational strategies
- Directs internal and external audit engagements. Reviews and approve financial transactions and ensures compliance with monthly and fiscal year end close requirements
- Provide analytics to key business stakeholders for decision making; execute month end accounting close, prepare quarterly corporate submissions and reporting for the Controllership; provide support on both statutory and financial audits and requests from participations and internal operational audits.
- Responsible for the process and performance outcomes of both on & off-shore accounting functions
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities
- Develop best-in-class process design (to a minimum of upper Q2 in the short to medium term) and identify initiatives to achieve the target state design for R2R.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA and/or CPA is highly preferred
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years or relevant experience in a business facing role with evidence of assuming roles of greater complexity, responsibility and accountability
- Significant experience of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, US GAAP, SEC reporting, UK GAAP and IFRS and how these relate to R2R process and the related regulatory compliance
- Strong process improvement background.
- Previous Business Service experience preferred, but not essential
- Proven record of senior stakeholder management and experience of working for C-suite executives
- Significant experience and track record of building, leading and delivering large, diverse, global operations and multi-disciplinary projects and transformations
- Proven track record of managing large global teams that achieve consistent upper quartile employee engagement scores or have demonstrated a significant step change in developing a high performing team culture
- Experience in strategic portfolio management
- Expert level experience and understanding of R2R process redesign and industry best practice
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and creative problem-solving skills prior to publishing your requisition.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.