Director Of Procurement
Flushing, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A high growth CPG company is seeking a Director of Procurement to own the process and make an impact!
Compensation : $150000 - $175000
Job ID : 13595
- Lead a team of category managers to collaboratively define business requirements, develop strategic category plans and execute initiatives that create value and reduce risk
- Identify, develop, and lead the execution of strategies and improvement initiatives to reduce cost, improve quality and lower total cost of ownership
- Lead research efforts, to gather market intelligence and benchmarking analysis to understand and cascade the supply market and commodity trends to Senior Leadership
- Develop and oversee analytical processes and practices, while defining and implementing savings/performance improvement metrics (KPI's) to monitor progress and ensure savings and performance targets are achieved in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams in Operations to support best in class execution of our suppliers
- Lead performance improvement initiatives including strategic sourcing and other performance improvement initiatives, identifying complex scenarios and proposing creative sourcing solutions to ensure supply continuity
- Deliver category strategy presentations and recommendations to Executive Leadership
- Lead negotiations with suppliers which includes complex RFP’s at multiple levels and stages, while maximizing service and supply capabilities for all servicing suppliers
- Develop and maintain supplier criticality ratings and managing resulting critical supplier relationships via scorecarding metrics
- Conceptualize and oversee supplier criticality ratings and managing resulting critical supplier relationships in alignment with strategic sourcing efforts.
- Collaborative leader managing supplier relationships including conducting Quarterly Business Reviews with critical suppliers and Executive Sponsors to reinforce and align on all short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Lead communication with Senior Leadership on all strategic sourcing matters of importance to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required
- 8 Years Procurement experience required
- 3+ Management experience required