Director Systemic & Liquidity Risk Management
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Leading Fintech firm with particular focus in payments is looking to fill a Senior (Director) level opportunity focused on systemic and liquidity risk. This individual will own the process and participate in industry wide forums related to systemic risk across the industry.
Compensation : $140000 - $160000
Job ID : 19895
- Own the liquidity risk relationship with participants through verbal and electronic interaction.
- Coordinate and lead simulation review presentations with stakeholders monthly with focus on simulation results.
- Ensure SLRM’s stress testing program continues to target current potential emerging threads.
- Participate in various internal payment forums, as well industry driven to discuss systemic risks, trends, and mitigating factors.
- Investigate risk events and asses the impact to the payments network
- Work collaboratively in preparing presentations that include analysis of key business risks resulting from scenario simulations versus actual business experience.
- Document the systemic and liquidity risk management processes (risk simulations, assumptions and testing scenarios, etc.) surrounding the overall program.
- Provide guidance on quantitative questions, including assumptions and simulation results
- Plan and contribute to the development and implementation of risk management systems.
- Increase awareness of risk management through training and partnering with the business.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate emerging systemic risks and trends.
- BS and/or Master's Degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or other related quantitative discipline
- 8+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 to 7 years in business risk modeling and simulation analysis in financial services and/or risk management
- Strong proficiency in database systems to navigate large sets of data and create data visualization reports. Excellent communication skills necessary to communicate findings to stakeholders
- Applied knowledge of operational processes and Industry best practices of internal control and risk management and assessment
- Applied knowledge of developing/redesigning processes and measuring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understanding of payment processes and systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Understanding of the financial regulatory environment for the banking and payment systems industry
- Excellent writing skills with experience in developing and documenting model simulation results
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.