Director, Travel & Expense Manager
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A leading global private equity firm is looking for a Director, Travel & Expense Manager to join their team!
Compensation : $125000 - $175000
Job ID : 10731
- Manage the firm’s travel program by working with our employees, executives, and Travel Management Company to support travel through expense reimbursement while maintaining operational excellence
- Drive strategy, day-to-day operations, and policies for travel, expense reimbursement, and corporate cards. Manage T&E system and other related platforms to drive effective processes and enhancements.
- Serve as a Travel SME and a key escalation contact for internal stakeholders and preferred suppliers
- Maintain the Company’s travel and entertainment policy. Ensure periodic reviews and updates are executed through coordination with key stakeholders including the Company’s Finance and Human Resources teams.
- Manage relationship with all travel and entertainment service providers including credit card company, airlines, private aviation program managers, hotel chains, travel agencies and advisors to ensure proactive assessment of opportunities and effectively address potential challenges as they arise. This includes periodic assessment of rates to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
- Interact with employees to address ad-hoc questions/concerns around travel and entertainment policy and guidelines.
- Maintain T&E training documentation for employees. Deliver training periodically to new employees and to broader audiences as required.
- Enforce adherence to the Company’s travel and entertainment policy through frequent audits of employee expense reports.
- Monitor accuracy of T&E reporting, including spend categories, to ensure accurate reporting and allocation.
- Ensure duty of care for our travelers.
- Monitor and manage high risk travel situations.
- Develop and maintain monthly reporting package to provide visibility to senior management on spending behaviors across the Company’s segments.
- 8+ years of experience in travel and expense reimbursement processes. Prior experience in financial services and/or private equity industry is preferred.
- Experience managing expense reporting system, Workday preferred.
- Experience dealing with investor allocations for T&E expense strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven accounting and financial capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing off-shore teams preferred.
- Willingness to lead analysts and execute job functions are required.
- Experience with Corporate Card Management, Amex preferred