Entitlement Benefits Specialist
HR + Talent Acquisition
New York, New York
- Verify all consumers Benefit entitlements eligibility upon admission into programs
- Submit all applications: SNAP, Medicaid, Medicare recertification, redetermination, HEAP + Public assistance in a timely manner
- Manage client's daily correspondence on behalf of them to government agencies
- Keep and maintain a file on present + new clients
- Manage Developmental Disabilities + Behavioral Health consumers current benefits within organization's internal database
- Travel to various programs in NYC (Brooklyn, Bronx, NYC, etc.) as needed. This will be reimbursed to the Entitlements Specialist. They will be going to the program locations to meet with clients who need benefits
- Government Benefits experience is a MUST
- Experience administering benefits with social security, medicaid, public assistant + SNAP
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- 2-5+ years of experience as a Medicaid Services Coordinator, Entitlement Specialist, Government Benefits Specialist.
- Candidate should ideally come from a managed care organization (healthcare company) - MCO is a group of doctors, hospitals + other provides who work together to meet healthcare needs.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.