Family Office Accountant
New York, New York
- Daily activity review and reconciliation
- Month-end closings and trial-balance preparation
- Oversight of the accounts payable function
- Review employee expense reporting
- Cash management
- Assist with financial statement preparation and external audit oversight
- Assist with federal, state, local and regulatory reporting
- Assist with tax return preparation for partnerships, corporations, trusts and foundations
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
This role will consist primarily of duties commonly performed by an assistant controller, but there is potential for growth into other functions within the office and projects with organizations funded by the office (both for-profit and not-for-profit).
- Strong academic credentials; CPA preferred
- Numeracy and logical thinking
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Comfort reading legal agreements and contracts
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and experience with investment-related tax issues
- Some experience with investment and/or charitable tax issues
- High proficiency with Excel; macro/VBA/SQL familiarity a plus
- Experience with one or more general ledger software packages
- Proven ability to handle proprietary information with discretion
- The interview process will include written examinations to test proficiency with many of the capabilities enumerated above.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.