Financial Reporting And Technical Accounting Senior Manager
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A PRE-IPO Technology company is looking to hire a Technical Accounting Senior Manager. Will report to the Controller.
Compensation : $160000 - $175000
Job ID : 12741
- Manage the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and disclosures that are submitted to external parties, including reviews of footnote tie-outs
- Support the compilation and review of monthly financial statements that are distributed to management
- Act as a subject matter expert, working with the business and others to identify, resolve and document complex accounting issues and transactions.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Assist in the preparation of accounting memos providing documentation of the Company's application of accounting principles to specific transactions.
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting issues with various departments throughout the company.
- Analyze non-recurring transactions by properly identifying the accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions.
- Participate in the development of a strategy to support the growth of the business and team
- Help in preparing support for and managing the year-end financial audit.
- 8-10+ years of experience, in public accounting and/or technical accounting
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Previously supported or managed cross-functional implementation of new accounting standards
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and be able to work with senior management to influence decision making, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Big 4 experience and CPA certification or equivalent
- Previous IPO experience
- NetSuite exposure a plus
- Early stage/high growth Technology and/or SaaS industry