Global Tax Director
New York, New York
- Manage all planning and compliance related to StubHub’s domestic and international activities for corporate income taxes, indirect taxation and GAAP tax provision.
- Manage the Global Tax function and all internal and external relationships relating to Tax.
- In addition, the successful candidate should be a hands-on Tax professional that will lead the development and implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, minimize audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate.
- Lead the continual strategic review of the company’s international tax structure and transfer pricing policies.
- Build a team of tax professionals by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, creating opportunities and developing goals.
- Drive transformation of the tax function to scale for growth, which includes people development, process improvement and implementation, and effective use of data and technology.
- Maintain ownership of tax internal controls and update as business developments dictate, ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Be a key part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes.
- Assume expertise for new and emerging tax issues, both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance.
- C.P.A. or J.D. required.
- 10+ years of progressive corporate tax experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a Big 4 accounting firm.
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a complex, SEC registrant company or commensurate progressive experience with SEC registrant clients for the tax division of a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Must demonstrate a conceptual and business-oriented approach to communicating taxes and tax planning, and be able to effectively communicate with and influence non-tax business leaders.
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements, including the use of new tax technology and automation tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage critical timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization and draft technical Tax and accounting memos.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.