Head Of ESG
Financial Services - Front Office
New York, New York
The ideal hire will have ESG related experience including ESG-related analysis from an investment context preferred, with specific climate-related risk analysis experience a plus. As will Experience with ESG-related analysis from an investment context preferred, with specific climate-related risk analysis experience ESG-related reporting a plus. This role will report directly into the COO. In this role, the ideal hire will partner with multiple internal teams to enhance and position the Firm’s ESG capabilities, (ie, investment teams, product development, client reporting and engagement, risk management, legal and compliance, marketing and communications). This hire will work closely with their internal constituents to build out our Client’s corporate policies. You will also work closely with the parent company’s ESG team to ensure there is continuity across business lines & divisions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop ESG strategy, refine frameworks of the Firm’s corporate posture and work with the Firm’s investment teams to better gain buy-in to better identify ESG-related risks & opportunities.
- Initiate and lead internal initiatives and events to advance ESG objectives, including representing the Firm across divisional ESG working groups.
- Work in close partnership with investment, product, business development, operational due diligence and client reporting teams to refine and calibrate ESG practices vis-à-vis industry standards.
- Manage reporting efforts for PRI and sustainability reports, including contributing content to RFPs and other client requests related to sustainable investing.
- Generate insights and thought leadership materials on ESG topics and trends across alternative asset classes.
- Represent the Firm’s ESG capabilities in press/media, external events/conferences, and industry groups to further develop Firm’s identity in the market—positioning them as a leading organization for ESG capabilities.
- Help develop strategic responses to ESG-related inquiries.
- Serve as subject matter expert on ESG investing, including industry trends, research, regulations, and ESG data gathering, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders and partners to ensure engagement and facilitate improved understanding of ESG across the Firm.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role, 7-10 years overall experience in finance preferred.
- Masters in sustainability-related field, CFA or MBA a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working with multiple teams to move projects forward.
- Willingness to dive deep into research and details and demonstrated analytical and technical skills.
- Experience analyzing investment portfolios a plus.