Head of Valuations (Credit/PE)
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Global Alternative Asset Manager with particular focus in Private Credit/Private Equity is looking to fill a newly created role to build out and scale the valuations process for a growing platform. This person will be tasked with overseeing the valuations for all illiquid investments/strategies.
Compensation : $150000 - $200000
- Oversee the monthly valuations across all illiquid credit strategies/investments.
- Provide leadership and guidance towards valuing companies, businesses, and securities.
- Produce independent valuations and review these with asset managers to understand movements in valuations.
- Provide on-going analysis of the portfolio by reviewing complex financial models, key valuation assumptions and performance indicators, and tracking significant events for each asset.
- Review cash flow projections and exit assumptions for preparation of quarterly investor letters.
- Aggregate valuations and prepare summary packages to be reviewed by senior leadership.
- Represent the valuation function in both internal and external discussions, including investor facing communications with topics related to fair value process, methodologies, topical valuation themes, and current valuation marks.
- The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of relevant experience with a private credit (illiquid credit) valuation background preferably out of another fund however will consider strong backgrounds out of the banks, Big 4 and/or independent valuation consultants
- Must have experience with private valuations (debt and/or equity valuations)
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg and WSO
- CFA designation a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.