Hedge Fund Accounting - Associate Director
New York, New York
- Manage multiple fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all direct reports
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including NAV's, capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Help develop and support targeted, continuing education for all direct reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – hedge and private equity experience a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- 5+ years’ experience supervising two or more professional staff
- Hands-on management style with strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Team player
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.