Hedge Fund NAV Accountant
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Top Tier Fund Service Provider looking for Fund Accounting Professional for their NYC Location. This firm offers work from home flexibility and a top-caliber client base, with a strong team of tax professionals from the best firms in the industry.
Compensation : $85000 - $185000
Job ID : 4172
- Responsible for managing professional and clerical staff engaged in fund accounting activities
- Provides fund accounting services for mutual funds, collective funds, common trust funds, hedge funds and other fund products
- Ensure accurate reporting of the funds’ performance to the clients in the form of profit and loss reporting and month end NAVs.
- Review work of fund accountants and provide technical expertise to assist the accountants in their responsibilities, including:
- Daily and Monthly Profit and Loss reporting
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reviews
- Monthly NAV Packs and Valuation
- Provide leadership, training, and coaching to the fund accountants on your team.
- Respond to various requests from portfolio managers, auditors and Global Fund Services management.
- Be actively involved in projects and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – private equity experience a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- Experience preparing and reviewing general ledgers, work papers and financial statements
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills; Investran experience a plus
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Team player
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.