High Yield Trader
Financial Services - Front Office
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client is a New York based hedge fund that manages ~$6Bil AUM. The Fund was founded in 2005 and has grown to more than 60 employees and boasts a 65% retention rate since its inception. Key to its growth is their diversified, uncorrelated investment strategies that span asset classes. This has allowed the Fund to navigate the shifting business lifecycle and investment landscapes while mitigating risk. The Firm does not have a key dependence on any single strategy or asset class. Core to its culture is integrity, collaboration, and inclusivity. They work closely with each other and remain focused on vital processes, solutions, and results—they believe that success is most rewarding when it is accomplished collectively and shared with others.
Compensation : $150000 - $200000
Job ID : 13935
- The Associate High Yield Bond Trader will sit within the portfolio group which trades the full stack of credit. This hire will focus on trading High Yield and guide the team in understanding liquidity, risk and volatility signals in HY. They will have deep insights into the top players within the HY market and insights into where Banks & Funds are laying off Risk so that the Fund may take advantage of that liquidity.
- The High Yield trader will also be charged with deepening the Fund's counterparty relationships ensuring the Fund is matched with the optimal trading partners on the sell-side. As well, manage 3rd party relationships with ATS including Trumid, TradeWeb, TradeWell among others.
- Experience High Yield trader with 3 - 5 years sell side experience
- Strong P&L within HY trading at current firm
- HY expertise with experience in trading or hedging with CDS and/or convertibles
- Must have a thorough understanding of the HY issuance & top players in the markets
- Ability to communicate insights into HY Market Risk & Volatility to define the trade opportunities
- Bachelor's degree from a top university preferably with an STEM and/or Economics or Finance Degree
- Must have strong Python skills; SQL preferred
- Must have experience with major 3rd party trading platforms including Trumid, TradeWeb, TradeWell, or other recognized ATS
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.