Human Capital Business Partner - Enterprise Solutions
Corporate Services - Human Resources
New York, New York
The Human Capital Business Partner will serve as a trusted advisor and effective business partner to the firm’s Infrastructure functions.
The key imperatives of the role are to provide sound and commercial advice and demonstrated thought leadership, while maintaining an active focus on day-to-day execution and HC support. The successful candidate will need to forge strong, collaborative working relationships with many individuals throughout the firm. It is critical this individual is experienced and comfortable in dealing with all aspects of recruiting, talent management, employee relations, performance, recruiting and career development processes (including reviews, training, leadership development, executive, coaching, etc.) as well as general HC administration (legal documentation, local employment laws, etc.). The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to understand the nuances of a financial services firm and the nature of the role HC plays.
Sophisticated thinking, leadership presence and high emotional intelligence and interpersonal effectiveness will be necessary to execute this role successfully and inspire the trust and credibility required for others to have confidence in his/her ability to provide prudent, insightful, and commercial guidance/perspective.
- Providing leverage and serving as an effective advisor to the firm’s senior professionals.
- Within respective business coverage, responsibility for a wide range of human capital disciplines including recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, training and development, succession planning and talent mapping, compensation, and retention of top talent.
- Managing recruitment activities at various levels of seniority, acting as a key interface to search firms and coordinating recruitment processes from its early stages through to job offers, the creation of offer letters, on-boarding, etc.
- Identifying professional development initiatives, including design and delivery of appropriate training and coaching activities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- 8+ year’s progressive Human Capital experience
- Ability to consult and build credible relationships with Partners and senior management employees
- Solid working knowledge of local employment laws
- Strong analytical and quantitative orientation, including proficiency with excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills
- Highest attention to detail; a self starter
- Results and commercial orientation
- Collaboration and an influencer
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Effective and collaborative team player
- High trust and integrity – naturally engenders trust; can be counted on to do the right thing
- Hands on approach with the maturity and experience to navigate all levels of the organization
- Capable of engaging a diverse set of stakeholders and gaining their trust