Junior Legal Secretary - Law Firm
Admin + Office Support
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client, a top-tier advisory and transactional law firm, is seeking to a junior legal assistant to join their team.
Compensation : $70000 - $75000
- Compose correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents. Make edits to and proofread documents; review same for appropriate formatting, spelling, and grammar.
- Coordinate, follow through and execute work requests and projects with other support departments
- Verify all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are included with transmittal letters/memos.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and firm clients.
- Prepare expense reports; make travel arrangements; submit conflict checks; prepare meeting agendas; coordinate meetings, conferences, depositions and mediations
- Maintain calendars, contacts and deadline reminder systems
- Provide overflow and absence coverage as well as secretarial support for the Secretarial Team Members’ and attorneys.
- Ability to work in the office 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- 1 – 2 years of legal support center experience
- Knowledge of basic law firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs.
- Knowledge of legal terminology.
- Strong, effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Recent experience in a resource/support center at a large, national law firm.
- Strong proofreading skills, and solid grammar/spelling skills.
- Familiarity with Carpe Diem, Elite, IManage, Chrome River, Forte or similar technology.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.