Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Respite
Healthcare - Allied Health
SHARE THIS JOB
Immediate opening for an LCSW to work in a large social services agency in the Bronx in a Respite program.
- Assesses clients and/or family psychosocial status, social work needs and living conditions utilizing professional knowledge, skills of observations and interviewing skills.
- Establishes the social work component of the patient/family plan of care based on goals mutually acceptable to the client, family and significant others. Makes referrals to other community services, as necessary.
- Provides psychosocial work services to patient and/or family, including short-term individual counseling, community resource planning, and crisis intervention. Responds to emergent psychosocial patient and family needs, as requested.
- Facilitate and provide intensive housing case management services to facilitate client's timely placement into permanent housing. This includes but is not limited to:
- Completion of Supportive Housing applications- including behavioral health consultations for psychiatric evaluations and psychosocial assessments;
- Facilitate and complete 2010e housing assessments/applications;
- Process assisted living and nursing home applications
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) required
- Required NYS Licensed Clinical in Social Work; (must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Two years experience with homeless population
- Two years’ experience with persons with chronic health and/or mental health conditions and/or substance abuse disorders and geriatrics
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Understanding of how hospitals function and day-to-day operations.
- Experience with dealing with hospital based providers (preferred)
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.