LPN - Public Health
Healthcare - Nursing
Riverhead, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare has an immediate opening for multiple LPNs to work in a correctional facility. These positions will be full time either 7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm - Orientation is provided. Excellent opportunity to work either full time or part time, top pay, closer to home, and flexible schedule.
Compensation : $30 - $32
Job ID : 19892
- Work in collaboration with physicians to provide patients with care, education, and support.
- Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Coordinating and assigning duties to other health care personnel, such as licensed practical nurses, nursing aides, and patient care associates.
- Responding to/addressing medical emergencies, such as falls, heart attacks, strokes, and burns as well as recovering post-operative patients.
- Evaluate a patient’s condition in order to determine the right course of treatment.
- When clinically indicated, provide care, such as CPR, AED, prevent shock, control severe bleeding, prevent spinal damage, etc.
- Monitor patient’s condition and keep it stable while in route to the clinic.
- Document medical treatment given to the patient.
- Keep the equipment clean after use; check and replace damaged and used supplies.
- Collaborate with pharmacy to replenish supplies.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing
- NYS Licensed Registered Nurse
- Competence in the performance of the following services: Crisis Intervention, Medical Emergencies, Physical Assessment, Medical Nursing Care, and Psychiatric Nursing Care
- Solid assessment, clinical, and documentation skills
- Patient oriented
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized