Manager - Strategic Finance and Accounting Consulting - Insurance
New York, New York
- Ongoing review of recurring accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity (e.g. revenue, compensation, and goodwill impairment) including documentation of position papers
- Project Management support for corporate initiatives at the segment or regional level
- Develop and present training material to segment and regional finance (e.g. revenue, leases, etc.)
- Review of recent accounting pronouncements and development of key technical accounting policies
- Draft technical accounting position papers for new and significant accounting transactions (e.g. purchase accounting, including contingent consideration)
- Assist with research over potential transactions including financing transactions such (i.e. debt or equity) and impairment analyses for goodwill, intangibles, and long-lived asset groups and acquisition agreements to identify accounting risks.
- Advise segment finance teams on the appropriate revenue recognition for large or complex contracts with customers
- Review the segment finance team's documentation of estimates and judgments in revenue recognition
- Monitor the segment finance team's compliance with ongoing SOX requirements (revenue and compensation)
- Review quarterly quantitative and qualitative revenue recognition disclosures
5 - 15 years of total finance and accounting experience including time spent with "Big 4" public accounting/audit.
- Insurance industry experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited university in the United States
Active CPA license required