Medical Assistant - OBGYN
Healthcare - Medical Support + Operations
Setauket, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Immediate opening in an OBGYN office in Suffolk County for an experienced Medical Assistant. Start working immediately for a premier practice with one of the fastest growing medical groups and top notch physicians.
Compensation : $18 - $20
Job ID : 19538
- Assist the department with coordination of the daily operations of the front desk, and other duties to ensure efficient work flow and patient care.
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for check-in/check-out processes including verifying patient demographics, insurance information, obtaining patient signatures on applicable patient forms, and have the patient complete any paperwork associated with the visit.
- Facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, delays or backlogs and communicate with other staff and/or patients as necessary.
- Schedule patient appointments and remind the patients of any necessary documentation that may be required for their appointment.
- Keep office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs and placing orders or advising office manager of items needed.
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document using the electronic medical record, medications, vitals and main reason for visit.
- Perform screening and measuring procedures, which include but are not limited to, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, EKG.
- Obtain previous test results from outside labs.
- Prepare rooms after each patient and for specific procedures as needed.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Must be proficient in using an EMR and a practice management system.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have knowledge of insurance companies and their requirements for copays, referral/authorizations.
- Must have basic computer skills, including emailing and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Certified in phlebotomy.
- CPR/AED Certified.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.