Medical Assistant - School
Healthcare - Medical Support + Operations
Brewster, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare has an immediate opening in a school based program for a Medical Assistant in Dutchess County, NY.
Compensation : $18 - $18
Job ID : 13795
- Performs and accurately records patient’s chief complaints, medical history, screening tests, vital signs, vision, hearing, EKG and Spiro for patients of pediatric and adolescent age groups.
- Assists providers with examinations, diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
- Patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient.
- Documents necessary information on patient’s electronic record, including copies of all referrals and medical forms.
- Updates the practice management information system and electronic medical record documentation with all necessary clinical information for each patient prior to the end of business day
- Participates in patient counseling and education activities related to primary health care, such as HIV/STD prevention and treatment, health maintenance, and family planning.
- Performs simple laboratory procedures including but not limited to rapid strep test, urinalysis, pregnancy screening, hemoglobin A1C, blood glucose monitoring and venipuncture. Records and reports results appropriately, calibrates, cleans and maintains the instruments in accordance with the training and competency assessment
- Performs the collection and labeling of laboratory specimens, including blood, stool and urine specimens.
- Reinforces patient/family/significant others teachings that have been initiated by professional staff.
- Performs medical clerical operations related to the practice, including but not limited to, registration, appointment scheduling, checking patients in and out, creating claims, sets clinic up for next day and retrieves medical profiles and results as needed.
- Retrieves patients from their classes/hallway/other school areas for appointments throughout the school day.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Accredited Medical Assistant certificate is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Superior customer service skills and experience
- One+ years of experience in a Medical Assistant position